1. Post a paragraph or a stanza of your latest writing project. (I guess that wasn’t really a question … will you please post a paragraph or stanza?)
My latest writing project is a Sleeping Beauty re-telling for the Rooglewood contest. Its progress is rather tedious (magic? I have no idea how to work that in a logical way), but here is a snippet.
“Oh that’s right.” A smile dawned on his face. “You don’t know my line of work – Estaban Granville, gentleman’s man for hire. I do missions of delicacy for those of noble stature who can so afford.” He took an appreciative glance at his surroundings. “Since, ahem, you appear to be of that ilk, I have made the decision to take you into my confidence. There seems a high probability that one of your passengers is a runaway daughter. Most embarrassing, I know. Her father has ensured me a pretty profit for her safe return.”
2. Do you prefer writing with pens or pencils?
If it’s going in the mail, it has to be pen, but for my rampant to-do lists and general doodling, I much prefer pencils.
3. What is one blog/blogger that inspires you to write? Please share why and provide a link!
The Pen of a Ready Writer is one in particular; there’s always good literary food for thought there!
4. Are you scared of spiders or do you think they are fun pets?
Size and plumpness determine the depth of my fear, but they most certainly don’t rank as pets.
5. Would you prefer to own a dog or a cat better (if any)?
Even though I’ve never had a dog or cat, I had always considered myself a dog person (having heard lots of cat horror stories). That is, until a friend’s cat sat in my lap and stole my heart. If I could find a cat out there as sweet as she, I would probably be a cat owner.
6. Do you know any languages besides English and are there any other languages you would like to learn?
I am currently learning Spanish, and I might add, doing a rather bad job of it. Much as I’d love to be able to converse in several different languages, I’m just not that good at learning them :(
7. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert. But not by much. Get me spooled up and I’ll talk a fair amount, but I’ll be retreating to my corner to recuperate afterwards.
8. What’s your favorite part about today so far?
Fourth of July concert and mint chocolate chip ice cream :)
9. What’s one place and time in history that you’d love to travel back to?
Mmm, this is such a great question! There’s several that come to mind: 1880s west, probably Colorado; I’d love to have been a visitor to Mount Vernon or Montpelier while the presidents were retired there; and then WWII England.
10. Which do you like better: Tea, Coffee, or Hot Chocolate?
Yes! Finally a question that includes the oft-forgotten hot chocolate! Hot Chocolate. :) I do love the idea of tea and coffee, but really, the taste never quite appealed to me, unless I doctored them up with sugar.
Mint Hot Chocolate via
Thanks so much for tagging me Emily! It was a lot of fun :) I think I’m supposed to tag others at this point, but most of the blogs I know have already gotten it recently, so I’ll just stop here.
Finally, a very happy Independence Day to America! I shall leave with a toast (one of twenty-two) given at an 1819 party that included President Monroe – “To the Congress of ’76 – May their successors be always worthy of them.”
God bless America!